Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Star of Wonder, Star of Night

I. Love. Christmas Music. Ask Derek, I made him listen to it all last weekend while we got our tree and did our decorating. (Christmas music is not his favorite...BUT he knows how much I love it so he downloaded a bunch of Christmas music he could tolerate....very sweet)

Some songs he played were by Stephen Colbert and John Stewart...kinda inappropriate for Christmas songs...but they had to do with Christmas so I will take it. Can't be too picky!

So.

On to my new favorite Christmas song: Barenaked Ladies and Sarah McLachlan's "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen." Such a good song. As are all of Sarah McLachlin's songs...and BNL!



My favorite part~

O star of wonder, star of night,
Star with royal beauty bright,
Westward leading, still proceeding,
Guide us to thy perfect light.

Born a king on Bethlehem's plain,
Gold I bring, to crown him again,
King forever, ceasing never,
Over us all to rein

1 comments:

Erica said...

The love of Christmas music must run in the family. That's all poor Griffin is going to hear in the car for the next month!