Monday, October 27, 2008

With Hope

The past week at work has been really hard for me. We lost a little girl on Friday that had been in and out of the hospital since she was born. I was always so excited to go to work when I knew I got to spend the day taking care of her...Although she was really sick, she always had a smile on her face and just wanted to be loved. She was only 8 years old and she taught everyone around her about hope and strength. She was strong. She was a fighter. Even when she was very sick and felt horrible, she still managed to give me a smile about something (I had to try pretty hard). I only wish I could be half as strong as her. I can't help but wonder why God planned for this to happen....I wish I did not doubt my God, but in times like this, I can't help it. All I know is that right now she is in heaven running, dancing, twirling. She is singing Hannah Montana songs, and she is free from pain. Rest in peace Gianna.

And never have I known
Anything so hard to understand
And never have I questioned more
The wisdom of God's plan
But through the cloud of tears
I see the Father's smile and say well done
And I imagine you
Where you wanted most to be
Seeing all your dreams come true
'Cause now you're home
And now you're free, and ...

We have this hope as an anchor
'Cause we believe that everything
God promised us is true, so ...

So we can cry with hope
And say goodbye with hope

We wait with hope
And we ache with hope
We hold on with hope
We let go with hope
-Steven Curtis Chapman

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Michele....
That's what makes you such a wonderful nurse...you really care. Throughout Ben's journey I have often questioned God and asked him "Why?"...."Why Ben?"...But I also know that he has kept Ben here with me when he could have taken him. I have witnessed so many miracles not only in Ben's life, but in others. Gianna did her job here....she taught you Hope and Strength. And it sounds like she has taught many others too. Thank you for being so great, Michele!!

Angel

Karen said...

Oh Shelley! What you do is amazing! Keep your head up and smile because you got to know such a geat little girl.