Monday, November 24, 2008

Projects @ the Moore house:)

Finally Derek and I have had some time to get some things done around the house! It seems like November has gone by so fast! I am getting so excited for the holidays and being able to decorate our new house for Christmas! Right when we first moved in, Derek's great Aunt gave us a pair of antique lamps. I loved them and could not wait to fix them so they worked! The hardware in them was really old and needed to be replaced. They also needed new lamp shades. After a trip to Home Depot and an hour of putting them together(very gently---they are hand painted and very fragile!) here they are!


This next project took us longer than an hour....actually it took us a few weeks(Only working on it during the weekends). Derek's parents friends gave us this hutch when we first moved in. It was painted a brownish color(That had to go) and we wanted to paint it black and put it in our new family room. After refinishing, painting, and putting new hardware on it, here it is!

Another big project has been window treatments. For some reason I love picking out hardware(Windows, furniture, lamps, and much more!). I just think that so many things can look so much better with some good quality hardware! (I know I am a dork:) Here are our new silk curtains in the guest bedroom and the master bedroom:




And more hardware! I have no idea what this is called... Door Knocker? Anyways I found it at an estate sale and thought it would look nice on our front door!


Could not resist the beautiful fall colors:
Here is our Family room! We were originally going to have this be the Living room, but I decided that Derek (gasp) was right about having this be the family/TV room! He thought we should use the biggest room as our family/TV room. I was totally against this idea at first, but eventually Derek convinced me that it could work. In the future we want to redo our kitchen and make the room off of the kitchen the dinning room...and (I hate to admit) it makes sense! After all we did work VERY hard putting the new bamboo floors in the family/TV room!



Here is the very empty future dinning room. Our plan is to put our new table and chairs in here on one side and make the area next to the fireplace a little seating area. We just need a couch, rug, artwork, and a lot of $$$ to redo the kitchen!

4 comments:

Meghan said...

oh wow! i LOVE the hutch!! it looks so different! and the family room looks amazing! it all flows so well. you did a GREAT job!!

Erica said...

Wow Mr and Mrs. Fix-it, you guys have done a great job being homeowners. Everything looks great!

Karen said...

Hey Julianna, did you make those curtains or did you buy them?

michele said...

haha I'm no Julianna.....oh how I wish I could make the things she made! Maybe one day:)